Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Creamy Fennel Soup with Herb Salad

Brrrrr it's cold out . . . thus the need for soup today. I love cold weather, it so energizes me. That's probably why I spent so much time in the kitchen today!

I made Joanne Weir's soup - with a few modifications (of course). Find the recipe at: www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/saras-secrets/creamy-fennel-soup-with-herb-salad-recipe/index.html

However, after pureeing the soup, I just put it through my extra-large food mill. This took out the fibrous bits. After seasoning it with three kinds of salt (Shallot Salt, Rad Alae Hawaiian Kai Sea Salt & Smoked Sea Salt - all from Savory Spice Shop) I added 2 t of dark brown sugar and 2 t of white balsamic vinegar - to balance the taste. The soup is quite thin after taking out the solids, so in a pinch I might add a bit of instant mashed potatoes to thicken it. I was too hungry to wait! The grilled bread & herb salad make the taste wonderful. Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog