Sunday, March 14, 2010

Impromptu dinner last nite

Looking into the freezer, I found some cooked shrimp.  I put a pot of water on to boil and cooked some fettuccine florentine - half are spinach noodles.  In a skillet, I put one lonely frozen pre-cooked piece of bacon that I had chopped up with scissors.  Next I added a bit of butter then flour to make a roux.  Since I hadn't added any salt, I added some Murray River Flake salt (my current fave) and a bit of California Citrus Rub (both from Savory Spice Shop).  Then I added about a cup of milk, making a nice white sauce.  After tasting it (it had a nice bite from the citrus rub), I added the thawed shrimp and a generous sprinkling of parsley and some frozen, shredded parmesan.  I put the lid on it to meld flavors until the pasta was done.  A nice tidy dinner with leftovers for tonite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog