Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Cookbook! Quinoa: The Everyday Superfood 365

This cookbook by Patricia Green & Carolyn Hemming (2010) has me exploring healthy grains.  Quinoa is a quick-cooking grain full of protein that an basically be added into most any recipe.  The first one I made modified one of my faves - three bean salad.

After cooking 1/2 Cup Quinoa in a cup of water, I added it to a can of drained & rinsed garbanzo beans, a can of red kidney beans (also drained & rinsed), 1 Cup each of diced green pepper, celery, and red onion.  Next I mixed 1/2 C apple cider vinegar, 1/4 C olive oil, 1 diced garlic clove, 2 teaspoons dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper.  All the above was combined and served.  It also keeps for a few days in the fridge for a quick lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog