Friday, November 18, 2011

Shiny, purple eggplants . . . lots of them!

So I also went way overboard with eggplants.  I had six plants - some the garden variety purple ones and some the lovely slender oriental ones.  Here is what I did with the ones littering my kitchen counter.  I sliced without peeling, any and all laying about, drizzled them with olive oil, placed them on a cookie sheet and baked the whole mess at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes until soft.  Once cooled, I combined them in the food processor with a can of drained cannellini beans, parsley and jarred roasted red peppers and a splash of lemon juice.  Once seasoned with a bit of smoked sea salt and a few grinds of pepper, we devoured this summer treat.  Next time may add some roasted garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog