Friday, November 18, 2011

Using a Stick Blender

So this tool had lain largly under-used in my kitchen until my darling husby figured out that it needed a new batter to zoom through sauces.  Once turbo-charged it has become a favorite go-to tool.  By keeping the blender at the bottom of the pot there really is no splashing.  Do wear an apron though.

Here is a recipe that I enjoyed:  Spaghetti-Bolognese.  It shows a great comparison between store-bought sauce and homemade.  Of course the homemade sauce is excellent and much more cost-effective.  For my variation, I used Sara's Italian Sausage (found at King Soopers).  The pureeing is done on the sauce before the sausage is added in.  Tomato soup is a surprising ingredient that makes for a smooth sauce.  On a long day it cooks very well in a slow cooker.  This freezes very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog